Thursday 22 November 2007

Poor light

Burnham Overy Staithe, Norfolk - where Lord Nelson learned to sail

It's a bit dark and rainy in Britain at the moment. Typical British winter weather with very poor light. I'll have to start doing more studio work.

It has been a week of upgrading for Richard Flint Photography. First was the DVD-writer purchased so i can store all of my digital images on DVD disc. Next came the broadband which I've decided to upgrade to a faster speed because i use it so much. The Internet has revolutionised my photography and how i display it. I actually enjoy taking photographs more now than i ever have and i have various other photographer friends who i can talk to if i need any help.

The one thing i did miss from my college days was talking to fellow photographers. One minute you are surrounded by friends whose opinions you can take into account with work - the next thing you are out on your own with no lecturers or colleagues around to talk to. Self employment is a lonely business but thanks to the Internet, its not so lonely anymore.

No comments: