Wednesday 28 February 2007

Hello all !!!

scarborough seafront - December 2006

Here is my first addition to the new photography blog.
I hope over the coming months to add bits and pieces about my work and other photography related items. I aim to build up an online diary about what i get up to as a photographer.

I started out studying documentary photography and this style of photography has remained my passion ever since. Sadly this type of photography is in decline but there are still a few areas on the internet where photographers can show there work. This is going to be one such place wher i can show my work and give some background about the images. I decided to have a broader plan when i started up as a pro and i do studio work, PR as well as documentary plus other areas but all of them usually come from the viewpoint of a documentary photographer.

Its an exciting time for photographers with both the benefits of film and digital imagery to explore and use. I started using digital on a regular basis about six months ago and it's revolutionised the way i take photos and yet i still use film regularly for personal work and commissions. Both medias are unique and have benefits and drawbacks and i think that a film free world is a long way away yet. A film free world is probably 20 years or so but technology always has a habit of surprising us so it could disappear quicker. Basically digital is here to stay whether photographers embrace it or not but i'd be the first to admit i like getting a roll of Ilford HP5 flying through my F5 regularly.

I'll be posting news on some projects i intend to shoot over 2007 so keep checking back for updates.

No comments: